I currently work as an Associate Professor in Biophysics Department at University of Medicine "C.Davila" Bucharest, Romania.
- iftime [at] adius [dot] ro
- adrian [dot] iftime [dot] umfcd [dot] ro
Bd. Eroii Sanitari, Nr.8
050474 Bucharest, Romania
- 2007 - current: Medical University in Bucharest (UMFCD), Biophysics Department.;
- 2004-2006 full-time; 2007 - 2008: collaboration; Researcher in Max Planck Institute in Brain Research - Psychophysics Laboratory (Frankfurt am Main, Germany); The focus of my work here was the analysis and simulation of complex visual distortions in amblyopic patients; PhD thesis on the subject;
- 2004 Master of Science in Medical Engineering, "Politehnica University" in Bucharest, Romania; Thesis on emergent phenomena in cellular automata;
- 2002 Medical University in Bucharest (UMF), Romania, with a Diploma Thesis in Medical Biophysics.
Skills currently related to my work:
- Human visual psychophysics experimental methods:
- experimental data analysis and statistical modeling [using R];
- Scientific visualizations: proficient with 3DStudioMax for photometric lighting, photo-realistic rendering (MentalRay); physics and fully-scripted animation.
- Biophysics of cell membranes (Lipid bilayers) investigation methods:
- Scientific content editing tools (LaTeX, RMarkdown, bibtools, GNU Image Manipulation Program, Inkscape, ImageMagick on Linux);
- Project management;
- Public speaking (academic lectures for medical students and general public conferences for understanding of medical research).
1) CAN-SPAM ACT 2003: "the site or service will not give, sell, or otherwise transfer addresses maintained by such website or online service to any other party for the purposes of initiating, or enabling others to initiate, electronic mail messages."
2) This site uses automated response to email-harvesting bots that do ignore the non-follow, non-indexing requests, via endless recursive page generation, like here.